All students at Westchester take a rigorous course of study. In grades 6-10, all students participate in the IB MYP. In addition to the MYP, many of these courses are also Pre-AP. With IB MYP and Pre-AP, there is typically a greater emphasis in writing, even in elective courses.
Choosing WAIS isn't just choosing a different campus, its choosing a more rigorous education that meets an international standards. As an academically focused campus, WAIS does not offer a traditional UIL programs. Students may participate in athletic clubs and classes, but we do not offer UIL competition teams like neighborhood schools. In grades 9-12, students may attend WAIS and still participate with their neighborhood campus.
Even though WAIS is an IB Continuum School, we are still a public school. In addition to IB standards, courses cover the TEKS and students must take the state STAAR tests, as required by the Texas Education Agency. Graduates at WAIS still earn the Texas High School Diploma, but may also earn the IB Diploma, the IB Career-related Diploma, or a Bilingual IB Diploma.
Students in the Dual Language program can apply to attend WAIS and continue in Dual Language. Students in Dual Language at WAIS are also part of the IB Programmes at WAIS.
- Student must be eligible to enroll in SBISD schools. Proof of Residency must be provided if chosen in lottery.
- November 14, 2022 @ 9:00 AM - Application Opens
- January 20, 2023 @ 11:59 PM - Application Closes
- February 1, 2023 @ 10:00 AM - Run Lottery
- February 10, 2023 @ 4:00 PM - Lottery Results Emailed
- February 17, 2023 - Parents Accept or Decline Invitation
- May 5, 2023 @ 9:00 AM - Late Application Window Opens
- July 14, 2023 @ 11:59 PM - Late Application Window Closes
APPLICATION INFORMATION & IMPORTANT DATES
APPLICATIONS ARE ONLINE ONLY FOR ALL SBISD CHOICE SCHOOLS
Parent Informational Meeting:
- Jan. 5, 2023
- 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m., Auditorium
- Contact email@example.com for more information.
Apply Online: Application Page
The online application and additional choice school information can be found here.