SBISD emphasizes that attendance is a key in the enhancement of student achievement. Parents, by law, are accountable for their child’s attendance. Once enrolled in prekindergarten or kindergarten, a child shall attend school. Students must be present 90% of the year to be promoted. Official attendance is taken daily. All students not present when roll is taken are counted absent. Students will be considered absent from class if they miss more than 15 minutes of the class period.
All absences, excused or unexcused, determine promotion. - See Student Parent Handbook
- Call or email as early as possible with your student's name, grade and reason for their absence in order for their attendance records to be updated before the automated call system calls/emails you with a reminder. If you are unable to call or email, please send written note with student when they return to class.
- Please SPELL your student's last name and/or give me their id number.
- Written parental permission is mandatory FOR ALL STUDENTS before dismissals can be sent to the classroom and before they can sign out.
- Send notes with your student so they can pick up their dismissal before school starts.
- Parent emails and faxes are acceptable as permission to leave campus.
- Please build in an extra 5 minutes for us to retrieve your student so you will not be late.
- Students have 2 days to turn in all notes, emails suffice as parent notes.
- Be sure to get your Family Access (Parent Portal) access codes to see your student's attendance records in detail and real time under the Attendance by Day tab.
Jocelyn Bautista Gutierrez